Alten Energías Renovables management team have more than fifteen years of experience in designing, financing, commissioning and operating photovoltaic solar power plants in Spain, Italy, India, Mexico, Peru, the US and Sub-Saharan Africa. In these countries they have led development and operation of more than fifty photovoltaic plants with capacity of over 1500 MW and investment of US$ 2.4 billion.
Alten Energías Renovables currently has 3 photovoltaic plants operating in Mexico, Namibia and Spain, with a total of 428 MW. It also has over 1GW of pipeline at different stages of development in Sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and southern Europe.
Alten Energías Renovables, particularly for the Sub-Saharan region, takes the following factors into consideration when choosing countries for its business:
- Legal security and political stability
- Economic growth with long-term energy generation goals
- Domestic support for renewable energies
- High solar radiation, the availability of land and system capacity
- Short- and long-term solar photovoltaic energy competitiveness
- Financial experience and solid interest from international financial and institutional entities in structuring a Project Finance scheme
- Local partners/investors[/checklist]
Alten Energías Renovables has over 428MW in operation in Spain, Namibia and Mexico (Aguascalientes), 455 MW under construction in Kenya and Mexico (Puebla), 150 MW in PPAs signed off in Sub-Saharan Africa and over 1GW in projects across Sub-Saharan Africa, Mexico and southern Europe.